Lekkie is a trading name for,
8 Hautonga Street
New Zealand Warehouse
All products are in stock and ready to ship from our Wellington warehouse (with the exception of pre- ordered items, which are shown as backorder).
Same day dispatch
Orders recieved before 3pm in most cases will be dispatched the same day. All orders received after 3pm will be dispatched the following business day. If an order is placed on the weekend or public holiday, please note dispatch will usually be the next working day. For tracked shipments, please allow 12 hours for tracking to begin.
Expect 1 to 3 working days for shipments to arrive.
Incorrect / Broken / Faulty Item
If we’ve sent you an item which is different to what is listed on your invoice or the item arrived broken we will happily exchange it and pay postage costs for returning the item.
Simply notify us within 7 days of receipt. For smaller items, we will book a courier and send you a shipping label. Please ensure that the goods are in their original packaging and have not been used. Return standard postage costs can only be approved with prior written agreement (email) from Lekkie.
In the case of a motor kit or battery please contact us and we will work through each problem on a case by case basis.
Once we have received the products we will confirm the receipt and then refund any postage or courier costs to you. Depending on your bank, refunds may take up to 14 business days for the funds to be returned into your account.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Lekkie New Zealand agree to repair or replace the product or which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the product does not perform in accordance with Lekkie’s specifications during the Standard Warranty period of 12 months.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard warranty.
- Lekkie requires any customer requesting service under the Standard Warranties to comply with directions from Lekkie staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Lekkie After Sales Service via [email protected] before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Lekkie reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. . Where a replacement is provided, Lekkie will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Lekkie with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Lekkie. Lekkie may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.If Lekkie is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Lekkie’s store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Lekkie’s election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Lekkie.
- Where Lekkie authorises warranty service of a Product, Lekkie will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the Lekkie warehouse or an authorised Service Centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation Lekkie will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Lekkie if Lekkie specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so, in which case Lekkie will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt.
- The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Lekkie upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Lekkie within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Lekkie reserves the right to determine which authorised service centre (including Lekkie’s internal after sales service facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Lekkie Authorised Service Centre.
- Lekkie may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty not apply as per section 17.
- Lekkie reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Lekkie’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Standard Warranties are NOT transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Lekkie.
Lekkie is committed to providing goods and services in accordance with all privacy regulations, including the policies advised by the Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand. Any information we collect from you will only be used for the purposes of conducting our business, improving our site, supplying you with our products and services and keeping you informed about aspects of our business that may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose, sell or lend your personal information to other companies or persons who are not part of our business group, unless we obtain your prior permission.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- ship to and service our customers.
- inform customers of product issues and updates.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- our freight companies in order to ship you your products..
We keep your information safe by using the latest industry software .
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected], or 022 6922 966, or 8 Hautonga Street, Petone..
We use a secure payment processing system supplied by DPS for processing credit card and PayPal payments and we do not have access to or store credit card numbers.
The use of personal information includes, but is not limited to, sending emails to keep you informed of the status of your order.
You might also be prompted to subscribe to our newsletters and special offers but the decision for opting in or opting out to receive these newsletters is entirely up to your discretion. We respect your rights to not receive these communications and if you advise us of this we will adjust your account accordingly. Every newsletter we send includes a clear link to unsubscribe in the footer and once unsubscribed you will no longer receive them unless you re-subscribe at a later date.
All personal information submitted on Lekkie.bike is secured using the latest Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) premium encryption technology. Protecting your privacy and personal information is of the highest importance to us and we have systems in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
Cookies & Analytics
As you browse our site a state of the art ecommerce personalisation tool uses first party cookies (which means you are not tracked across websites) and similar technologies to collect anonymous information regarding your use of the site. This information includes the products you viewed and pages you visited, products you added to cart or purchased and general information such as city level location and device type.
The information is used to provide you with a better experience by showing product recommendations and offers which are relevant you. When you enter your email [and first name], if you choose to allow us to contact you, this tool will receive your email address and may send you personalized offers, reminders and recommendations.
If you do not access the website for a period longer than 6 months, your email associated with your cookie will be deleted. Your email will never be transferred to anyone else or used for other purposes. You can choose to opt-out from receiving the types of communications referred to above, by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer in each such communication.
We also use Google Analytics which utilises cookies for the purpose of analysing the use and behaviour of visitors to our site. None of the information available to us is personally identifiable and you may disable cookies at any time to avoid this type of tracking.
Social Media plugins like Facebook may also track usage via cookies.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Phone 022 6922 966
Email: [email protected]